- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 2/3 shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease a casserole pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Strain away water and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth and add milk, melted butter, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to the casserole pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with bacon. Bake for another 20 minutes, uncovered, and garnish with sliced green onions, the bacon and fresh chopped parsley.