If you love chocolate, caramel and pecan nuts you need to try this easy recipe of homemade chocolate turtle cake.
There are people who criticize for using box cake mixes, but my take on it is if inventions have been made to make our lives easier, why not ? Even high end restaurants do not follow age-old complicated recipes of classic dishes anymore. As things have been simplified I think we should totally go with it. Also, it is an individual’s choice. There are times when I bake a cake from scratch when there is time. Anyway, this recipe got super simple with a box of German chocolate cake mix and this is a rich, decadent cake great for special occasions.
It is chocolatey, with pecan nuts and caramel it gets more sinful. Happy baking guys !
How to make it:
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
1) Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2) Remove and let cool. In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
3) Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
4) Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
5) Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.