CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
- ½ cup (1 sticks) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating
- In a bowl combine butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls by rolling a spoonful in the palm of your hand, since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm again.
- In a bowl melt dark chocolate candy coating.
- Dip the cookie dough balls into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Let the truffles sit until hard, about 15 minutes.
- Once set, remelt remaining candy coating.
- Place in a small baggie and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Carefully drizzle chocolate over truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold. These can also be frozen for longer storage.